Monday, May 26, 2014

Update May 26, 2014

Week 14!
Malo lelei! (Tongan) I hope everyone had a wonderful Memorial Day!
This week has been a wonderful week and we have been super busy!
Tuesday was a pretty average day. The same old same old, Wednesday was a full day of work and the assistants were on Exchanges on Wednesday with Kauai Zone leaders after Zone Conference on Tuesday so I had to drive to the airport to pick up Elder Jensen with Elder Uaisele. It was nice to get to talk one on one with Elder Uaisele.
                Thursday was also another full day! We week planned then spent the afternoon out on our bikes. It is really starting to warm up here! We hit the 90s on Thursday! And my skin is slowly getting darker!  Ha-ha well at least my arms and neck!
                Friday was a super super busy day! Elder Uaisele and Jensen were on the big island for Zone conference so they let us take the Silverado for the day! It was truly a blessing especially since we got into the mid-90s! It’s the first time I’ve had AC in months! We also had to cover a few appointments for the assistants so we were running around everywhere!


Saturday was pretty laid back. We were really worn out from the past few days and it rained all day. We spent most of the morning at the chapel there was a ward baptism and also a mission farewell both for the Tongan ward so there was a FEAST!!!!! I’m talking an entire pig on each table as well as Jumbo shrimp, Lobster tails, and also Oysters! I was stuffed! We then went out with a recent convert for a lesson and they took us to eat at Teddy’s Bigger burgers so we were even more stuffed then we had dinner 2 hours after that! It was a day of eating!
Sunday was a pretty good day. After church we borrowed the Tongan elders’ car while they were in church since it was still raining so we could visit a few families then we had dinner and visited with the Mameas.
Today was the highlight of the week though! Since today was Memorial Day we went up to the Punch Bowl Cemetery, the National Memorial Cemetery of the Pacific. The ceremony was amazing and the Mayor of Honolulu, Kirk Caldwell, spoke as well as Admiral Harry B. Harris, Jr. Commander of the U.S. Pacific Fleet. It was really cool to meet the Commander of the entire Pacific Fleet of the United States Navy! It was also really cool because they placed leis on every one of the 55,000 graves for the fallen at Punchbowl.
Today really made an impact on me and how big of a role Hawaii has played in the freedom we enjoy every day! I am truly proud to be an American and to be able to see these places that have played such a role in our nation’s history is an honor.
 I hope everyone has a wonderful week and everything is going well! I am growing and learning each and every day here in Hawaii. I have learned so much and have so much more to learn. I have been truly blessed in the past few months and to see all the blessings that are coming to me and my family. I will send more pics of Punchbowl next week! Love and miss you all! Until we meet again. ALOOOHA!

 
Ofa tu!
Elder Shoaf

No comments:

Post a Comment