Monday, July 28, 2014

Update July 28, 2014

Week 23
Aloha everyone!

Another week has flown by here in Kaimuki and it will be the last in Kaimuki. I will be transferred on Wednesday. I am not sure where for sure I am going yet but do know I will be staying on Oahu. My feelings are so up-in-the-air right now. I LOVE this ward and the people here but I feel as if my time here is done and I've done all I can. Now on to the next area! This week has been a pretty good week nothing too exciting though.
Inline image 1
Last District Picture! 

Not a whole lot to talk about. Everyday was pretty average except anticipating transfers I was able to say goodbye to the Kurihara family and Tony before they each left for Vacation on the Mainland. We went to Chili's for lunch before they flew out on Thursday.

We also met with Fred on Thursday and it went super well. He is SO ready! And set for this coming Saturday. I’m pretty bummed I will not be here for his baptism but will be in Spirit.

I also have spent a lot of time this week preparing to leave this area making sure Elder Wilson Is ready to takeover the area and tie up loose ends as well as say goodbyes. Yesterday at church was hard but I think I am content. But dinner with the Memea's last night was a different story. That was hard.

I think the message I have taken this week is along the same lines as obedience last week. The scripture I think of is from 1 Nephi chapter 3 verse 7;
7 And it came to pass that I, Nephi, said unto my father: I will go and do the things which the Lord hath commanded, for I know that the Lord giveth no commandments unto the children of men, save he shall prepare a way for them that they may accomplish the thing which he commandeth them.

One of our dinner messages this week we shared this scripture and talked about obedience and having a good attitude. Then I went on to share as I realized it is that if we will have the Attitude that Nephi did and do those things we are asked to do willingly and with a positive attitude it makes it easier and if we constantly have that attitude then when those hard choices are placed before us they are easy because we have already made the decision to “do the things which the Lord hath commanded.” I hope that we can all relate to this. I know i struggle with it daily but I know that the days I do have that attitude of go and do it makes my days that much better.

I hope everyone has had a marvelous week and all is well. I cant wait to find our where my letter next week will be written from. So much going on this coming week! I love you all and I LOVE getting letters and emails from friends and family. And I always make sure I respond! Anyway until we meet again...

Elder Shoaf

No comments:

Post a Comment