Monday, September 8, 2014

Update September 9, 2014: Bleed Blue!

Week 29

Aloha Everyone!

Another week past here in the Hawaiian Islands. The heat hasn’t let up yet but there is hope on the horizon. This week as been a roller coaster for myself. I have learned a lot thought about what I need to work on. But there is excitement!!!!!!! BYU SMASHED Texas!!!! 41-7 and is ranked 25th! And moving up! And Taysom is looking like the next Heisman!  (Just thought I would throw that in thereJ)

Monday was Labor Day so we spent the day at the chapel playing basketball and taking turns on the computer to email since the library was closed. We ended up playing for almost 8 hours straight! We were all wiped by the end of the day!

Tuesday was a good day we had a zone meeting in the morning then Elder Ngutuvai and I ran to Honolulu to grab some things while Elder Buckley and Hansen did a Baptismal interview. We then met with Sheryl and Jack and worked through some things to prepare her for Baptism. We also had dinner with the Valdez family and they cooked up an amazing feast of Tongan food. It was soo good!

Thursday Elder Hansen and I were together on exchange and had a really good day. We had Sheryl’s Baptismal interview and she’s ready! We are so excited for her! We also played basketball at the chapel with the Kapolei ward and a lot of investigators came! Hansen and I’s team ran the table! 7-0! It was awesome but then I was so tired!Inline image 2
Elder Hansen, Jack, and I with Jack's newest puppies!
Inline image 1

Friday we saw Kaleo again and it went really well. They wanted to watch “Son of God” so we figured it was alright and were able to introduce the Book of Mormon to them and the movie lead perfectly into our discussion of the Atonement. A super solid lesson! 

Saturday we had a GIANT luau for a grad party for a kid in our ward that was postponed due to the hurricane. It was awesome with awesome food and entertainment! Hawaii knows how to throw a party!

Sunday we had a musical fireside that was put on by the Palehua ward that was super good. There is a family from the Honolulu Tongan ward that I knew that came to sing. They are very well known. Its 5 sisters the oldest is 16 the youngest is 8 and they sign a cappella and it’s incredible! Look them up! THE TONGA SISTERS! They brought the spirit and it was sooo strong!

This week I am just amazed at how much the lord loves us and how much he looks after us. We are blessed to have a father in heaven that looks over us. He is always there and he continues to love us regardless of what we do. I have seen his influence in my life every day. I am going through a hard time right now and really learning a lot and having my pride checked and even in the hardest times I still know he’s there. He lets us have these trials so that we can learn and grow. And he will help us. All we have to do is ask. Let your pride go. Give yourself up. Get on your knees and ask for his help. I know he will come. It may not be immediately but he will and it will probably be though the help of another. I found this and am trying to apply it to my life and hope you can yours.

“May I share with you a formula that in my judgment will help you and help me to journey well through mortality... First, fill your mind with truth; second, fill your life with service; and third, fill your heart with love.”
-Thomas S. Monson

I know as we fight through our daily trials we have our burdens eased.
                               
  “And I will also ease the burdens which are put upon your shoulders, that even you cannot feel them upon your backs, even while you are in bondage; and this will I do that ye may stand as witnesses for me hereafter, and that ye may know of a surety that I, the Lord God, do visit my people in their afflictions.”
-Mosiah 24:14

I hope everyone has a wonderful week and all is well. I love you all and miss everyone. I hope that this means as much to you as it does to me.

With love,

Elder Shoaf

No comments:

Post a Comment