Today I hit 11 Months! I can’t believe in a month I will be on the Downhill! That’s crazy! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas week! Christmas came and went here and I still don’t believe it was Christmas. The weather just doesn’t feel like it! And without my family it is not Christmas!
It has been a great week though! Face-timing my family was the highlight! It was so good to see them and to meet my new niece! She is adorable and I can’t wait to get home and meet here in person!
- we went up to North shore and showed the new guys around it was raining but still worth it! We then had a great dinner on Base with the Zohovetz, he is in the Coast Guard so it was fun to get an inside look at the Coast Guard.
- we had a great district meeting I am starting to get use to being a district leader but still don’t feel like I should be the one giving trainings but I’m learning a lot! We also had a couple great lessons and then of course Basketball!
- was Christmas Eve so we didn’t do much Proselyting but did have a great lesson with Ray. We then had dinner at the Davis’ on Base and a few other families from the ward were invited then we met up with the Zone at one of the Church Buildings to watch Frozen and play games.
Our Christmas tree and Gifts!
Christmas with the Boys!
- was Christmas day!!! We went to the Kauhi’s to Face time and for Breakfast then to a ward party then to the Laumatia’s for dinner and games. It was an awesome day since I got to see my family but I was hit but the Cold that is going around so I didn’t feel very well all day.
- was a bust I slept in since I wasn’t feeling well then did studies then Sister Quarnberg gave me a homemade concoction then I went back to bed and that was my day!
- we went to ultimate Frisbee. I still wasn’t feeling the best but decided to sweat it out. I think it helped but some of it still lingers. We then made a couple great visits then had dinner. Overall a slow .
- was good our last week of church next week we move to which I’m not excited about... but that’s alright! We then visited with a family the Quarnbergs know from home that were here for Christmas then we went to the Laumatia’s for dinner and a meeting. We then spent the evening with the Quarnbergs and Elder Quarnberg told us more stories about his time in the navy and army. Overall a good day!
It had been a great week and I hope everyone remembered the true meaning of “Christ”mas and that you were able to enjoy time with your families. I am honored to serve Heavenly Father here in Hawaii even though it is hard to be away from my family. As we go into the New Year I challenge everyone to make a new year’s resolution and stick to it! I have made a few and look forward to what the New Year will bring. I will be preparing to return to BYU and continue my life. I can’t believe how fast time goes! I love and miss you and will talk to you next year! Ha-ha here come the New Year jokes!