Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Update December 29, 2014: Until Next Year!

Week 45

Aloha Everyone!

Today I hit 11 Months! I can’t believe in a month I will be on the Downhill! That’s crazy! I hope you all had a fantastic Christmas week! Christmas came and went here and I still don’t believe it was Christmas. The weather just doesn’t feel like it! And without my family it is not Christmas!

It has been a great week though! Face-timing my family was the highlight! It was so good to see them and to meet my new niece! She is adorable and I can’t wait to get home and meet here in person!

This week;

Monday- we went up to North shore and showed the new guys around it was raining but still worth it! We then had a great dinner on Base with the Zohovetz, he is in the Coast Guard so it was fun to get an inside look at the Coast Guard.

Tuesday- we had a great district meeting I am starting to get use to being a district leader but still don’t feel like I should be the one giving trainings but I’m learning a lot! We also had a couple great lessons and then of course Basketball!

Wednesday- was Christmas Eve so we didn’t do much Proselyting but did have a great lesson with Ray. We then had dinner at the Davis’ on Base and a few other families from the ward were invited then we met up with the Zone at one of the Church Buildings to watch Frozen and play games.

Inline image 1

Our Christmas tree and Gifts!

Inline image 2


Christmas with the Boys!

Thursday- was Christmas day!!! We went to the Kauhi’s to Face time and for Breakfast then to a ward party then to the Laumatia’s for dinner and games. It was an awesome day since I got to see my family but I was hit but the Cold that is going around so I didn’t feel very well all day.

Friday- was a bust I slept in since I wasn’t feeling well then did studies then Sister Quarnberg gave me a homemade concoction then I went back to bed and that was my day!

Saturday- we went to ultimate Frisbee. I still wasn’t feeling the best but decided to sweat it out. I think it helped but some of it still lingers. We then made a couple great visits then had dinner. Overall a slow Saturday.

Sunday- was good our last week of 11am church next week we move to 1:30pm which I’m not excited about... but that’s alright! We then visited with a family the Quarnbergs know from home that were here for Christmas then we went to the Laumatia’s for dinner and a meeting. We then spent the evening with the Quarnbergs and Elder Quarnberg told us more stories about his time in the navy and army. Overall a good day!

It had been a great week and I hope everyone remembered the true meaning of “Christ”mas and that you were able to enjoy time with your families. I am honored to serve Heavenly Father here in Hawaii even though it is hard to be away from my family. As we go into the New Year I challenge everyone to make a new year’s resolution and stick to it! I have made a few and look forward to what the New Year will bring. One year from now I will be preparing to return to BYU and continue my life. I can’t believe how fast time goes! I love and miss you and will talk to you next year! Ha-ha here come the New Year jokes!

Love,
Elder Shoaf

No comments:

Post a Comment