Sunday, May 31, 2015

Update May 12, 2015: Tender Mercies

Week 64

Aloha Everyone!

It has been a crazy fast week here in the beautiful lands of Hawaii! With lots of traveling! There were some big events up here on the north shore at PCC (Polynesian Cultural Center) with all of the schools doing there May-day Performances as well as “We are Samoa” and the World Wide Fire knife Competition! And I’m sure you would love to hear how they all went! So would I… we couldn’t go to any of them…. So sad! But we did have a lot of fun and see a lot of Miracles!

            This week!

            Monday- we had a service Project in the morning clearing a lot of overgrowth. It still amazes me how fast and how much thing grow here! Like some weeks will grow 18 inches in 2 or 3 days! Then Email, Basketball and Haircuts! Nothing too crazy.

            Tuesday- we had a great lesson with Jard and we are excited to help him come back to church! Then we had to go to my final rehab appointment! Yay! Done! I am officially 100% healed and back to normal! The scar isn’t even bad either! We also had a couple of great lessons as well!

            Wednesday- was Pearl Harbor Service! This was my 10th time! Crazy! So I got my Volunteer T-shirt, which you get once you have gone 10 times! It was a lot of fun as usual. We ended up cleaning a couple of compartments on the lower decks that aren’t seen very often! Vacuuming and dusting and such. Then that evening the Tongan ward had a mother-son dinner which was really good we were able to meet a family we have been trying to catch for weeks! A tender mercy for sure!

Inline image 1


"service"... the bunk wasn't quite long enough for me! 
Inline image 2


The crew! yeah the ceilings are a little low too. i guess i just wasn't meant to be on a Battleship!


            Thursday- we had District meeting, which went really well then I had my final follow-up visit with my hand surgeon and he said I’m good to go! Good as new! Then we had a couple good visits with families and a great lesson with another family we haven’t been able to catch in weeks! Things are just lining up! His Name is Isaiah and he is such a smart kid and his parents are members and he wants to get baptized so we are trying to help him prepare!

            Friday- was a pretty slow day. We were able to wing by Vosa’s and remind them about the ward party that night which was really good because they came!!!! We were so excited the party was simple but so much fun! Eat (always) then all of the youth that were in Mayday performances did their numbers then we had a dance! It was a lot to fun to see Vosa there with her family and they had such a great time! It was so cool to see everyone just welcome them in! I have never seen such loving people as the Polynesian people. It’s truly Christ-like love.
            Saturday- we did a big service project at the Kaka’s clearing a bunch of dead stuff and trimming everything! The best part was Elder Morco and I were tasked with cutting down a Plumeria Tree and that was a lot of fun! I love service! The other Highlight was we went to Dominos with Elder Mailau and Hathaway for dinner and the walls are Chalkboards so while we waited we drew the Plan of Salvation! It was pretty cool. Pictures to come.
           
            Sunday- it was Mother’s day and I LOVE all the leis! They smell so good and show so much love! Because they are all hand made! I will miss that when I go home. The Biggest Highlight though was Face timing home!!! It was really good to be able to talk to my family even though they were half asleep since it was so late! Sorry! I love and miss them so much! Next time I call home will be with in weeks of going home! Craziness! It was also cool to see Coach Anae who is my Offensive Coordinator at BYU. His mom lives in Laie and he was here for mother’s day so his sister-in-law who is in our ward invited us over to surprise him! It was really good to see him and I can’t believe in 9 short months I will be back there!

It has been such a great week. The biggest Miracle of all was last week as I told you we had a great visit with Vosa and afterwards I was talking to Bishop Fuluvaka and we were trying to figure out who would be a good fellowship for Vosa’s Mom who is a member but hasn’t been in years. Then on Tuesday we got a call on the way back from Honolulu that Aunty Selu who runs the Garden at Kahana wanted to talk to us so we stopped there and she proceeded to tell us how she had been praying and asking Heavenly Father to make the garden a place for missionary work and those that need help to be lead to the garden.

3 weeks ago Vosa’s Mom showed up at the garden looking for some food for a party and Aunty Selu had never met here before but helped her and had been visiting with here for weeks then Monday night Vosa’s Mom and brother, Leki, who we are also teaching came to the garden and had a great visit with Aunty Selu. It was such a tender mercy, here we are trying to find someone to fellowship Vosa’s mom and Heavenly Father had already taken care of it weeks prior. Aunty Selu has been amazing see made the whole family beautiful leis and then picked the up and brought them to the party Friday night. Heavenly Father knows each of us and has a plan for us. Even when we don’t know it or even see it he is always there for us.

I love this gospel; I love the people here and at home. I know Heavenly Father Answers our prayers and is always watching. I love each of you and miss you dearly. I pray you have a great week and all is well.
Inline image 3

Overlooking Kahana Bay and Valley from our Hike this morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment