Sunday, September 27, 2015

Update August 17, 2015: Pig Hunting and Wide-Eyed Greenies

Weeks 76 & 77

Aloha Everyone!

Sorry I didn't Write last week. It has been kinda crazy over here the last 2 weeks. I don’t remember too much of what was what day and all that but I will do my best!

            First off Molokai is probably been my Hottest area. With Temperatures in the 90s every day and it never rains! But since we are never more than 4 miles from the ocean it’s always super humid! It is going to be so weird going home to the Cold and having to use blankets again. Very few of the Missionary pads have an A/C unit so It has been over a year since I’ve slept with a blanket!

            Anyway back to more important things. Wednesday was Transfers and due to our request, President sent 2 more elders to serve here on Molokai. We picked up Elders Gerber and Teerlink from the airport on Wednesday and boy oh boy they look young! Elder Gerber is from Bountiful, Utah and has been out a little over a year and Elder Teerlink just came from the MTC! He is from Salt Lake City and just barley graduated High school. They were pretty Wided-eyed. Haha Molokai is going to be a reality Shock for them! They will take over Hoolehua ward and Elder Willis and I will continue serving in Kaunakakai ward. It is really nice to have 4 elders to cover the island. It was difficult being on opposite sides of the island at the same time it felt like.

            The Work is going really well. Respect is crucial in getting anywhere on an island like Molokai and a small one like this. Service is the Key. We do a lot and use our truck daily hauling green waste, rubbish, moving people, working in the garden. Whatever needs done. We have a few families we are working with towards baptism and they are coming along really well and its so fun to see them embrace the gospel. We also have a few families that are less-active we are working with to help them come back to Church. One of which is the Pawn’s we got to spent some good time with them on Saturday we went Hunting again at 4am and got a small sow about 50lbs. that was my first! Not a huge boar but better than nothing! It was my first pig ive caught but it didn’t come easy. We hiked around 10 miles over 8 hours through the brush and mountains.  I will send pictures next week. I misplaced my Camera this morning… sad day.

I am out of time but will write more next week. I love and miss you all!

Elder Shoaf

Inline image 1
Tracking the Dogs!


Inline image 2
50lbs Sow

No comments:

Post a Comment