Sunday, September 27, 2015

Update August 26, 2015: Pig, Chicken, and Rabbit

Week 78

Aloha everyone!

This week has gone crazy fast! I swear at this rate ill be home before I blink again. This week marks 4 months till I will be home! It has been a great week here. I don’t have very much time at all so I will keep it short and send some pictures to compensate.

Big news it rain hard Sunday night. Which is big news. Elder Willis has been here 6 months and he’s never seen it even rain! So our area was pretty saturated. And since it doesn’t rain very often the rivers on our side of the island just run across the road so out east end we drive through 5 rivers. Highest was 4 feet. Good thing we have a truck!

The rest of the week was a lot of service and our ward camp Thursday through Saturday! We made an Imu to roast the pig, slaughter rabbits for Rabbit Curry and then Elder Willis and I Showed the Young Men how to kill and prepare chickens. We made Chicken Papaya. So much good times and lots of fun!

Inline image 1
Chickens!
Inline image 2
Rabbits!


The work is different here. Lots of service, which brings respect then respect, gives us opportunity to teach. Everyone looks out for each other. I love it here. I love the gospel and the opportunity to serve these people and see the joy it brings to them.  Sorry I don’t have time to write more!

Love,
Elder Shoaf

No comments:

Post a Comment