Sunday, September 27, 2015

Update September 8, 2015: Green Grass!

Week 80

Aloha everyone!

Wow. I honestly don’t even know where the weeks go… it’s scary. Well we got plenty more rain this week due to the Hurricanes passing. The island Is incredibly beautiful. The island usually doesn’t get much rain especially in the dry season so it’s usually very very brown and dead but now the island is nothing but green! This is for sure paradise. Very hot but beautiful. I have been thinking a lot about how much I am going to freeze coming home we don’t have A/c so I’m use to sleeping in 85+ degree heat. If it drops below that I use a blanket…

Highlights from this week;

Monday- we chilled then played some pool at the only bar/resultant on the island.

Tuesday- we cleaned yard then headed out East end with Rusty to pick up a baby pig. Rusty’s sister Pakalana is a senior at Kamehameha and so this pig will be for her graduation party next June. It was an adventure trying to pull one of the babies away from the rest. They are about 50 lbs but there Vocal cords are fully developed. They squealed so loud that Rusty and I almost went deaf! But we got one and shes safe at home in the Chicken Coop. we named her Babe after the movie. According to my Mother that was my favorite movie as a kid. We also set Mia with a date! We are planning her baptism for September 19th!

Inline image 3
Willis showing some love to Babe.


Wednesday- President Warner came in for interviews. Elder Willis and I picked him up from the Airport at 7am then brought him back our pad and made breakfast Hawaiian style. Spam, eggs, rice, Portuguese sausage, pancakes, and fresh fruit. We just had interviews at our pad then showed president the island a bit before he flew to Maui at noon. It was really fun to have him with us for the morning!

Thursday- we helped a family from Kona on the Big island load up there stuff from the wharf and help them move in up in Kalae. We also had a couple of great lessons visiting families with Brother Zukeran

Friday- we had a pretty normal proselyting day. Pakalana and Their grandma flew in from Oahu for the long weekend so that was fun to have them with us!

Saturday- we went Holo holo (Hunting) with the pawns. No luck saw a few but nothing big enough to chase!. I love the mountains!

Inline image 1
Brusier our lead dog and I!
 
Sunday- was a pretty typical day lots of church and meetings!

I have been thinking a lot this past week about the atonement of Jesus Christ and his crucifixion. I have been reading Jesus The Christ which is 700 pages about the life of Christ and I am in the middle of Christ being taken and sentenced and makes me so mad that people could be so evil and hateful but it is very humbling to know that Christ never fought back and loved them anyway. That he was submissive and knew it had to be done. That only through his sacrifice could we all be forgiven of our sins and shortcomings. I am so thankful for him and makes me think “how could I ever hate someone or hold a grudge If Christ loved the very people who crucified him.

I love you all and hope you have a great week!

Elder Shoaf

No comments:

Post a Comment