Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Update December 7, 2015: Christmas is in the 85 Degree Air!

Week 92

Aloha everyone!

What a week! Well first off let’s just get this out of the way. Yes, I heard Coach Mendenhall is leaving BYU and its disappointing but there is no Question that no matter whom the new Coach is and who the assistant coaches end up being. I am a COUGAR! I am Blue through and through. BYU is where Heavenly Father told me I needed to be and I know it’s where I am supposed to be. Oh and GO COOOUUUUGGGAAAARRSS!!!!!! BEAT UTAH!!!!! J Just had to get that out of the way too ;)

Any who this week has been a great week as usual. I can’t believe I’m going into my Last full week on Moloka’I But I am Grateful for the  time I have had to serve here and I cherish the relationships I have developed. It has been a blessing to know when I would be leaving the island so far in advance to be able to prepare myself and not leave with 24 hours’ notice like my last transferJ

This week!

Monday- got my Hawaii License and then cruised for the rest of P-day. The shipment of fresh Christmas trees came in so everyone was in town to pick them up! I will never complain about a Christmas tree price a 5ft tree was $100 dollars…. That’s a small one… we also had a fantastic lesson with the Yassos about weaknesses and why Heavenly Father allows us to go through trials. I think we all felt the presence of Spirit there.

Tuesday- We helped the Yassos Pour a sidewalk and the cesspool cover for their rental house. I’m so grateful to have learned all of these skills from my father so that I can bless others with them. We then had Lunch with Isabella at the Pizza Café. I swear she’s crazy! Ha-ha she was talking to someone on her phone that was off! Ha-ha never a dull momentJ

Wednesday- we went on Team ups with Jr. Kaholoaa from the Hoolehua ward and were able to meet a few families that haven’t been to church in years. I’m grateful for people willing to help us find people we can make a difference in their lives. We then had a Wonderful Lesson with the Bordens about the Plan of Salvation and how important it is for us to know where we came from and why we are here on Earth. Then Dinner with Brother Nakamura who I swear is the biggest BYU fan in the world. He has kept me well up-to-date on the ins and outs of BYU everything ha-ha.

Thursday- we hiked down to Kalaupapa. Lester asked us if we could come down and do a service project for one of the patience. Her name is Aunty Mel and she is the sweetest Aunty ever! Her windows were really bad so we cleaned her windows and were able to spend some time with her. It was really nice then we hiked out around 3 to make it up before our evening appointments and dinner. Made it up in 1hr 50 mins. I think that’s my best so far

Friday- was a slow day so we took care of some things around the house and made the baptismal program for Reese’s baptism on Saturday then dinner with the AngcosJ

Saturday- was Reese’s Baptism. It went really well and it is so good to see his family returning to church! Saturday night was also the Lights Parade in town so we went since the entire island was there! Ha-ha it was really nice a lot smaller than our back home but also about 80 degrees warmer! I just can’t get use to this whole warm Christmas stuf

Sunday- was Crazy!!! But really good! The Albinos who haven’t been to church in over 3 years came! We met with them last Monday and they really want to come back! We also had a wonderful lesson with Alice and she is progressing well! We had such a spiritual lesson with her it was incredible.

I hope everyone is loving this Holiday season and remember the reason for the season. If you haven’t seen it the Church came out with another short video about Christ for Christmas this year. Christmas.Mormon.org

I love and miss you all,
Elder Shoaf

No comments:

Post a Comment