Thursday, July 23, 2015

Update July 6, 2015: Transfers & 'Murica Day!

Weeks 71 & 72

Aloha Everyone!

Happy ‘Murica Day!!!!!! haha

Sorry I missed last week’s email! It was a crazy week! But I will try and hit the highlights! First off I have a new companion and I am staying in Laie! Pretty excited about that! My new Companion is Elder Doloroso and he is originally from the Philippines but moved to Mesa, Arizona about 3 years ago! He’s pretty cool and we get along great! 

            So I don’t remember what happened which day and I don’t have my planner with me so I will try and give you some highlights from memory!

            The First big news is on Wednesday the sisters that I came out with went home! That means I have officially finished 3/4ths of my mission…. Crazy! June 30th was exactly 6 months till I come home…. So fast! It was also my Mother’s Birthday so HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!! Also with the new transfer came a lot of changes instead of 10 elder in Laie there are now only 6 and of those 6 only 2 of us were here last transfer and I am the only one that’s been here longer than that! So we are officially out numbered 6 elders. 26 sisters! Craziness!

            Other news is Isaiah who we have been working with now has a baptismal date!!!! Whooo! We are super pumped for him and can’t wait! He is such a smart kid and has grown so much!

            We also have been helping this guy clear his property. He I currently homeless but has a lot in Hauula that in 4 years overgrown and if he doesn’t clear it he will get fined $500 a day. So we have been helping him as much as we can. I’m talking like 7-foot tall grass. It’s a mess but we have accomplished a lot and his heart has been softened so much! It’s so great to see how our Love for others and for our savior blesses others!

            We are also working on moving! The other pad in Hauula is now empty since they took the other elders out and it is way nicer than ours. A lot cooler and it has an actual kitchen not just a closet with a sink and plug-in stovetop. So we have been working on clearing out and cleaning both pads one to move into and the other to close.



             I can’t really remember anything else… sorry.:( I hope that everyone has a wonderful week and all is going well. I love my mission. I Love serving here in Laie. I love my Savior Jesus Christ. I know this is his work and that we can continue to learn and grow because of him. Everything good in life comes because of him and everything we do or say or where we go is can be a good or bad experience. Its up to us and our attitude.
With Love,
Elder Shoaf

No comments:

Post a Comment