Sunday, April 26, 2015

Surgery Update: March 19, 2015

Dear Brother and Sister Shoaf,
 
I wanted to let you know that Elder Shoaf had his surgery this morning and he tolerated it very well.  He is back home, tolerating food and fluids well and feeling pretty good. The hospital sent him home with some fairly strong pain medication and I have assured him that when the anesthesia wears off he may need it.  His thumb is splinted for now and he will go back on Thursday for the dressing to be changed by the surgeon. I have talked to him a couple of times this afternoon and he sounds really good. 
 
I told him I keep my phone by my bed if his pain is too severe or if he has noticeable bleeding through his dressing.  I doubt that he will need me but did want him to be comfortable calling if he does.  I also told him to sleep the remainder of this day away and let his companion take care of him.  He has a wonderful companion so no worries there. 
 
I will keep you posted if there is any issues whatsoever.  Please know he is in good hands as far as we can tell.  I will be monitoring his progress.  Feel free to call me if you have any questions.
 
Mahalo,
Sister Mayfield, RN,BC,MSN
Mission Nurse
Honolulu Hawaii Mission

No comments:

Post a Comment